Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 124 mal aufgerufen
 Neuigkeiten
lebaobei123 Offline

01.07.2019 05:10
rtime to give the New Jerse Antworten

CLEVELAND -- Upset and frustrated with his defence, Carlos Carrasco made his own error. On Tuesday, he tried to fix it. The Indians right-hander apologized for criticizing two teammates for not making plays behind him during Mondays 2-0 loss to the Kansas City Royals, a setback that pushed Cleveland closer to elimination from the AL playoff race. Carrasco allowed two runs in 7 1-3 innings and afterward said he felt the Indians didnt support him like he needed. "Everything was good. Everything went perfect," Carrasco said to reporters. "We shouldve made those plays right there. That cost me two runs." In the first inning, Indians first baseman Chris Gimenez couldnt handle a hard liner by Eric Hosmer and had it glance off his glove for an RBI single. In the fifth, shortstop Jose Ramirez failed to come up with a grounder as a run scored. Carrasco was asked if he thought both plays should have been made. "Yeah," he said. "I thought they had a pretty good chance of making them, but sometimes we dont make those plays. That can cost us." Poor defence has been an issue all season for the Indians, who lead the majors with 113 errors. Before Tuesdays game, Carrasco issued an apology through the team. "It was a terribly immature and foolish thing to say," he said in a statement emailed to media members. "I know better and I apologize for saying it. I have made some terrible pitches in my career and position players could have questioned what I was doing. No one wants to be criticized when making their best effort. I will apologize to everyone and it wont happen again." Indians manager Terry Francona chalked up Carrascos comments to his competitiveness and disappointment after a tough loss. Francona said he got a text message from Carrasco and the right-hander was waiting for him in his office when he arrived at Progressive Field. "Hes a good kid," Francona said. "To me, thats not the end of the world. Now, the fact he was upset that he said it and he caught it and he didnt try to backtrack and he apologized. And I thought his apology was really sincere." Francona dismissed the idea that Carrascos irritation had been building because of the Indians sometimes shoddy fielding. "The defence behind Carlos has been pretty good," Francona said. "There havent been too many runs scored. I just think it was a big game." The loss was a costly one for the Indians, dropping them 3 1/2 games behind Kansas City for the second wild-card spot with five games left. Gimenez felt bad about not handling Hosmers smash and apologized to Carrasco after the first inning and again following the game. "Theres no excuse. I should have caught the ball," Gimenez said. "It wasnt the easiest line drive -- it had a little tail to it -- but it hit my glove, and I cant help but think I cost us the game." Gimenez said Carrasco approached him in the clubhouse Tuesday and told him he was sorry. Gimenez believes his teammate truly regrets his comments. "Im not mad at him at all," he said. "Its that time of the year. Were in a playoff race and anything like that just seems to get magnified. We didnt score any runs, but Im not mad. I would rather him say something like that than be like, Whatever. "I understand. Hes intense. Hes fired up. Everybody wants to do well. I didnt want to not catch that ball." Louis Lipps Jersey .Before a raucous sellout crowd, the Hawks won for the 29th time in 31 games to extend their Eastern-best record to 36-8.As usual, pretty much everyone chipped in.Four starters were in double figures and backup point guard Dennis Schroder led a spurt at the start of the fourth quarter that helped the Hawks pull away. Patrick Morris Jersey . What they did need, the Devils got from Patrik Elias. Elias scored a power-play goal 40 seconds into overtime to give the New Jersey Devils a 3-2 victory over the Dallas Stars. http://www.cheapsteelersjerseysauthentic...-ham-jersey.The Toronto Raptors guard, who will represent the Eastern Conference at the All-Star Game in New Orleans on Sunday, says he doesnt complain in the face of adversity "because I know this little girl is just happy for anything. Joe Greene Jersey . Cleary also had two assists and Patrick Eaves added two goals for the Red Wings, who also ousted Phoenix in seven games during the first round of the 2010 postseason. Todd Bertuzzi had a goal and an assist for Detroit, which got a goal apiece from Tomas Holmstrom and Niklas Kronwall and suffered no shortage of offense despite the absences of Henrik Zetterberg and Johan Franzen. T. J. Watt Jersey .com) - Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant combined for 51 points and the Oklahoma City Thunder took down the struggling Bucks 114-101 on Tuesday.ASHBURN, Va. -- New Washington Redskins coach Jay Gruden has filled the final spots on his coaching staff. The Redskins announced Tuesday that Bradford Banta has been hired as the assistant special teams coach, Shane Day as assistant offensive line and offensive quality control coach, and Jake Peetz as offensive quality control coach. The Redskins will also retain Aubrey Pleasantt, who will be a defensive quality control coach after working as an offensive assistant for the Redskins last sea

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz