Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 64 mal aufgerufen
 Spieltreffen
lebaobei123 Offline

18.06.2019 01:40
alls most successful franchise and Antworten

CHICAGO -- Chris Johnson and the Atlanta Braves capitalized on a day when the ball was flying at Wrigley Field. And Mike Minor toughed it out on a day when it was tough to pitch. Johnson homered twice and Minor hit his second career home run, leading the Atlanta Braves over the Chicago Cubs 11-6 on Saturday. Johnson and Justin Upton each drove in four runs for the Braves. Johnson and Minor homered and Upton hit a three-run double as Atlanta scored six times in the fourth inning for a 9-3 lead. "Its one of those days at Wrigley when you get the ball up in the air and the ball keeps travelling," Johnson said. "Mike battled though. Its a tough place to pitch on days like this. He battled and kept us in the game. We were able to get enough. Minor (3-5) allowed six runs and 11 hits in six innings, improving to 6-0 in his career against the Cubs. The Braves won for the second time in seven games. They hit no home runs in their previous six games and one in their last 12 games. Upton and Justin Heyward had RBI singles in the ninth for Atlanta. David Carpenter pitched two innings for his third save. "Today is one of those days we need all the offence we can get because the wind was blowing out, typical Wrigley Field wind blowing out," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "We never felt comfortable." Chris Coghlan hit two doubles and drove in three runs for the Cubs, who have lost seven of nine. Edwin Jackson (5-10) lasted just 3 2-3 innings after giving nine runs, seven hits and three home runs. "Its just one of those embarrassing, horrendous games," Jackson said. "Flat out, theres no other way to put it. Your team does a great job and battles back, and you continually give up the lead. Its pretty much unacceptable." The Cubs scored three runs in the fifth to cut the lead to 9-6. One run scored on a passed ball before Coghlan hit a two-run double. Johnsons second homer of the day and fifth of the season was a two-run shot and made it 5-3 in the fourth. Johnsons third career multihomer game was his first since 2012. "Im not trying to hit home runs," Johnson said. "I got the first one pretty good. The second one I think it was just a line drive." Minor padded the lead with a solo shot. His other home run came in 2013 against the New York Mets. "I remember both (home runs)," Minor said. "The other one surprised me a little bit because I didnt think I could hit the ball like that. Today, I tried to stay back a little bit more. He threw me, I felt like, the same pitch the first at-bat and I was coming around it. It was one of those days I felt like I was seeing the ball good, got lucky and hit it." NOTES: Gonzalez said he was undecided about the order of his rotation after the All-Star break. He said Minor and Alex Wood would be staggered. "It depends on what happens in the next two days, whos healthy and if somebody needs a few extra days," Gonzalez said. ... Braves C Evan Gattis (bulging disk) was scheduled to take part in light drills and batting practice at the Single-A facility in Rome, Georgia, for the second straight day. While encouraged, Gonzalez said no timetable had been set for his return from the disabled list. Cheap Clippers Jerseys . - Urijah (The California Kid) Faber finds himself in an unaccustomed position Saturday night at UFC 175 — on the preliminary card. Youth Clippers Jerseys .A. Happ. The Toronto Blue Jays will be looking to improve the starting rotation ahead of next season and pitchers like Happ have a chance to show they belong as the disastrous 2013 campaign draws to a close. http://www.cheapclippersjerseyschina.com...son-jersey/.com) - Al Horford collected 19 points and 16 rebounds and the Atlanta Hawks held off a furious rally to beat the Detroit Pistons 106-103 on Friday night in a game between two of the NBAs hottest teams. Wholesale Clippers Jerseys . Tyutin has missed the last nine games with an ankle injury which occurred while playing for Russia at the Olympics. The top-two defenceman has four goals and 20 assists, 30 penalty minutes and a plus-6 rating in 53 games with Columbus this season. Authentic Clippers Jerseys . But the young forward is more than willing to shed a little blood if thats what it takes to make the team this season. "It caught me pretty good, dazed me for that shift, but I didnt want to be off the ice for too long," he said after practice, his lip still bleeding a little despite the plastic stitches holding it together.COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. - Frank Thomas choked back tears, Joe Torre apologized for leaving people out of his speech and Tony La Russa said he felt uneasy. Being enshrined in the Hall of Fame can have those effects, even on the greats. Thomas, pitchers Tom Glavine and Greg Maddux, and managers Bobby Cox, Torre and La Russa were inducted into the baseball shrine Sunday, and all paid special tribute to their families before an adoring crowd of nearly 50,000. "Im speechless. Thanks for having me in your club," Thomas said, getting emotional as he remembered his late father. "Frank Sr., I know youre watching. Without you, I know 100 per cent I wouldnt be here in Cooperstown today. You always preached to me, You can be someone special if you really work at it. I took that to heart, Pop." "Mom, I thank you for all the motherly love and support. I know it wasnt easy." The 46-year old Thomas, the first player elected to the Hall who spent more than half of his time as a designated hitter, batted .301 with 521 home runs and 1,704 RBIs in a 19-year career mostly with the Chicago White Sox. Hes the only player in major league history to log seven straight seasons with a .300 average, 20 homers, 100 RBIs and 100 walks. Ever the diplomat as a manager, Torre somehow managed to assuage the most demanding of owners in George Steinbrenner, maintaining his coolness amid all the Bronx craziness while keeping all those egos in check after taking over in 1996. The result: 10 division titles, six AL pennants and four World Series triumphs in 12 years as he helped restore the lustre to baseballs most successful franchise and resurrected his own career after three firings. Torre, the only man to amass more than 2,000 hits (2,342) and win more than 2,000 games as a manager, was last to speak, and in closing delivered a familiar message. "Baseball is a game of life. Its not perfect, but it feels like it is," said the 74-year-old Torre, who apologized afterward for forgetting to include the Steinbrenner family in his speech. "Thats the magic of it. We are responsible for giving it the respect it deserves. Our sport is part of the American soul, and its ours to borrow — just for a while." "If all of us who love baseball and are doing our jobs, then those who get the game from us will be as proud to be a part of it as we were. And we are. This game is a gift, and I am humbled, very humbled, to accept its greatest honour." The day was a reunion of sorts for the city of Atlanta. Glavine, Maddux and Cox were part of a remarkable run of success by the Braves. They won an unprecedented 14 straight division titles and made 15 playoff appearances, winning the citys lone major professional sports title. "Im truly humbled to stand here before you," Coox said.dddddddddddd "To Tom Glavine and Greg Maddux, and I have to mention the third member of the big three — John Smoltz — I can honestly say I would not be standing here if it werent for you guys." Smoltz, part of the MLB Network telecast of the event and eligible for induction next year, flashed a smile in return for the compliment. Glavine was on the mound when the Braves won Game 6 to clinch the 1995 World Series, pitching one-hit ball over eight innings in a 1-0 victory over Cleveland. And the slender lefty was one of those rare athletes, drafted by the Braves and the Los Angeles Kings of the National Hockey League. "I had a difficult choice to make, and as a left-handed pitcher I thought that was the thing that would set me apart and make baseball the smartest decision," Glavine said. "Of course, I always wondered what would have happened had I taken up hockey." "In my mind, since I was drafted ahead of two Hall of Famers in Luc Robitaille and Brett Hull, that obviously means I would have been a Hall of Famer in hockey, too," Glavine chuckled as the crowd cheered. "But Im positive I made the right choice." The 48-year-old Maddux went 355-227 with a career ERA of 3.16 in 23 seasons with the Braves, Cubs, Padres and Dodgers and ranks eighth on the career wins list. He won four straight Cy Young Awards in the 1990s and won 15 or more games for 17 straight seasons with his pinpoint control. "I spent 12 years in Chicago, 11 in Atlanta, and both places are very special," Maddux said. "Without the experiences in both cities, I would not be standing here today." La Russa, who ranks third in career victories as a manager with 2,728, behind only Connie Mack and John McGraw, was chosen manager of the year four times and won 12 division titles, six pennants and three World Series titles in stints with the White Sox, Oakland As and St. Louis Cardinals. La Russa spoke from the heart. There was no written speech. "Its uncomfortable because I didnt make it as a player. Not even close," said La Russa, who made his big league debut as a teenage infielder with the 1963 Kansas City Athletics and appeared in just 132 games over six seasons, hitting .199 with no home runs. "Since December, I have not been comfortable with it. Theres no way to mention everybody, and that bothers me." "From managing parts of two years in the minor leagues, after thinking about all the other young managers who paid a lot of dues in the minor leagues and I get a chance and then I go into the big leagues with three organizations," he said. "All that equates to me is Im very, very fortunate. Ive never put my arms around the fact that being really lucky is a Hall of Fame credential." Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz